Monday, January 5, 2015

Since the publication of Lemon! in 2007 it instantaneously one of the most popular and best-known c


at Mari on Aug 29th, 2014 Tweet
Lemon! The film is this week for the first time to an audience showed casitas del monte during casitas del monte the 2014 Silver Screen KykNET Festival and Jaco, author of the popular Lemon! on which the screenplay was based, was also part of the audience to watch the movie for the first time.
Since the publication of Lemon! in 2007 it instantaneously one of the most popular and best-known casitas del monte youth novels became in Afrikaans. The book is now in its thirteenth edition, casitas del monte it has been seen regularly on bestseller lists, and more than 55 000 copies casitas del monte of it (on average 11 000 per year) were sold.
This humorous casitas del monte love story - which themes such as music, friendship casitas del monte and teenage love mine - the year after the publication by the International Board on Books for Young People (IBBY) named ereboek, with the judges it as an accessible, entertaining and highly read teen book describes. Lemon! is now widely prescribed for students as young as grade seven to grade ten - for Afrikaans Home Language and First Additional Language casitas del monte Afrikaans.
I was probably most afraid that the story is not "great" would be enough to make one's attention for ninety minutes hold captive; the characters, for whom I am after all these years still a very soft spot, it would not make the big screen.
I'm really, really happy with the end result. The screenwriter and director, Vickus Strijdom, the book in my opinion really smart adjusted. The text is faithful enough to the source casitas del monte that I never felt the story is lost - and on the places where the script does deviate from the book, it contributes meaningfully to the suspense. It's a good, solid family film that the atmosphere and drama of high school and both the sweet and sour of friendship and first love excellent captures - with a fantastic soundtrack to it.
There are some pretty terrible moments. The highlight to me was probably the nagtoneel where Tiaan on his skateboard through casitas del monte the streets of Johannesburg row. It is extremely nice shot and capture the atmosphere perfectly stuck without casitas del monte dialogue and without casitas del monte anything to penetrate to the viewer.
Probably the opening scene of the movie, when the lights go off and the title appears on the screen. casitas del monte It was such a long way to here. Lemon! is a book to which I then worked extremely hard. There were years of attempts to film it, by fantastic people, but the money was never realized. When the title appears on the screen, I have such a moment in which I had in my mind saying thank you to every single person who so long and hard on this and worked so much trust put in the story of my publisher to every teacher who treated the book in class, each reader and the entire film crew.
Wow, if it were that easy! I know some writers struggle to the end result of such a project. Maybe I just got lucky hit, with a fantastic team. I have my pre-conceived these people have a hard time trying to give - my job is to write books; their job is to make movies. So I gave advice when I asked for it, helped where I could if it were necessary, but otherwise I kept out of the process. I decided the book and the movie is going to be two different things. I had the chance to write as best I could the book; I did the film crew the chance to make the movie as best they could. I think it was, in hindsight, a very good thing. But to answer casitas del monte your question: Yes, of course!
For the movie lies obviously exciting things - it starts on September 12 in theaters nationwide turn. I really hope people will see it - it's good clean fun for the whole family, and in my humble opinion there is not a movie like this in Afrikaans was. For myself, it is "business as usual". There are new books on the way, new stories in which I work. And in the short term, a spectacular cold to shake off!
Ster Kinekor: Blue Route, Brooklyn Mall, Centurion, Cresta, East Rand Mall, Oak City, Festival casitas del monte Mall, Forest Hill, Garden Route Mall Cinema, Gateway Comm, Grove Mall, Irene Mall, Colonnade, casitas del monte Mall At Carnival, Mall Of The North, Mimosa, Mooi River, North Cape Mall, Northmead Cinema, Riversquare, Rustenburg, casitas del monte Secunda Sk, Somerset, Tyger Valley, Wonderland Park
Cats: Afrikaans, Fiction, Belgium, Youth Tags: African, Screenplay, Fiction, casitas del monte Movies, Films, Jaco, Cape Town, Camps Bay, LAPA, LAPA, Moevie, Interviews, Belgium, Lemon! , Youth Quick URL
Please register or log in to comment
Recent Posts LAPA-authors at the University Word Festival 2015 Try Vickie de Beer's recipe for the best carrot cake Martin casitas del monte Steyn read from Dark track: A Far

No comments:

Post a Comment