Thursday, January 8, 2015

I saw last night finally V for Vendetta. I


I saw last night finally V for Vendetta. I've been a few times in my blog refer to it, I do not know why the movie me so drawn. (I also think that in my previous life I was living in a totalitarian state, probably China, and that's probably why I am so excited about my trip there... Maybe I'll find roots of which I was unaware of.) But back after the fact, I lived in New Zealand this excellent article yogurt expiration from the British Independent read about the Wachowski brothers (also the creators of The Matrix - Read John de Villiers's wonderful article 90 Years of Fantasy and Science Fiction here, for people not often read science fiction, like me, it is eye-opening). The Independent article dealt with V for Vendetta, and it drew me immediately. A movie about a totalitarian England (something that is not too far-fetched), with no freedom and a dictator that all homosexuals, of color, non-Christians, etc. etc. gradually eliminate questionable 'scientific' experiments. V appeared, who survived the experiments, but totally disfigured, and his mission to take revenge. A Heroic terrorist? Is it possible to 9/11? Go see the movie. I'm going to see again. There are also references to sexual repression, discrimination, and of course a little bit of romance. I think it's one of the best movies in a long time, I was in danger of being disappointed because I so long thereafter did look, but I was not. And other peculiarities, the main character wears all the time a mask, how difficult it must be to have a role to play without using any facial expressions. Unbelievable.
Hi there, I have last night (April 2) with hubby saw the movie. Was totally blown away! Had no expectations, but Tom is familiar with the graphic novel, yogurt expiration and even he was very impressed. I will also definitely see (so missed a few twists in the plot) and the DVD sale. Today has to look at Amazon to see how much it will cost me out of pocket, but although one for Underworld Evolutions can pre-book, one can not do with V dieselfd not ... was very disappointed. Hope it goes well. I enjoy your blog tremendously. Tra Abi 1:18 AM
2007 (35) October (1) May (11) March (3) February (7) January (13) 2006 (256) December (6) November (12) October (6) September (22) August (17) July (14) June (24) May (34) APR (32) March (32) A Day in the Life of a Globetrotter Old friends vengeance or justice not only I speak three languages, I can also count And then I only night-lights in the East Wonderland Let's go to the movies Prosperity Travel If it's Monday, it must be Macau. yogurt expiration . . Monte Carlo It works again! What a joy Where to now? Oddly Home away from home There was a train Glossary and game rules The giant responds The red giant Great Stories The pearl of the East Inter Flora The Lost Tribe Strange World (Part XXIII) Good genes The neonoerwoud found my little farm in Africa First Light Where the world? February (29) January (28) 2005 (12) December (12)


No comments:

Post a Comment